Thread: Folder always hidden of pen drive

Folder always hidden of pen drive

Hi everyone i have a problem with my pen drive. When i connect my pen drive to the computer it shows nothing at first. The folders or the data becomes hidden. Although the attributes of those folders are not hidden. Is this because of viruses? My pen drive contains the .exe folders of the same folders which is stored in pen drive. Provide me any solution to this problem as soon as possible.

Re: Folder always hidden of pen drive

Hi friend as you are saying that the folders and files of your pen drives becomes hidden when you plug in your pen drive. This is the problem of the virus . Your pen drive is infected with virus. Properly scan your pen drive with the updated antivirus software and delete the viruses. Remove your pen drive and plug in again. Now enable the "show hidden folder " from folder options of tool tab of the my computer. You can also enable that from folder options from control panel. Now you will be able to see the files. Right click on files and folders and select properties and uncheck the check box of hidden property.

If the folders of your pen drive is always hidden in your desktop then first plug in it in other system to figure out that it is virus problem or not. If the data of your pen drive is displayed on the other systems then your pen drive is not infected with the viruses. It is the possibility that your computer is infected with the virus. Use antivirus software to remove viruses from your system or USB drive.

It is clear that your pen drive is infected with virus. So you are unable to see your files and folders stored in the pen drive. You are saying that the data was not hidden initially when you stored it initially on pen drive. Try to fix it by scanning and removing virus by using antivirus software. If this also does not solve your problem then you have only one option left. Format the pen drive. After formatting the pen drive will return to its initial settings.To format the pen drive right click on the pen drive icon in my computer and select format option.