Thread: Is SAcc.exe process a virus?

Is SAcc.exe process a virus?

Hi
    My windows xp was running perfectly still yesterday till my browser gave me a pop up windows. My web browser has become very slow now. Whenever I run my browser for the first time the popup window is displayed. So, I had a look at the list of running tasks / processes and I found that "sacc.exe" was continuously running and when I tried to delete the process it is not deleted. What is "sacc". Is it a virus?. Please help. Any advice or suggestion.

Re: Is SAcc.exe process a virus?

Hello
    "sacc" means 'Surf Accuracy". If I am not wrong it is an advertising program developed and distributed by a company. And I think the Company's name is Surf Accuracy. The process "sacc.exe" monitors your browsing habits and correspondingly reports the results back to the company's server. Some times when you visit certain web pages, sacc.exe may popup a windows with a web site, which matches your visited site. I think this program is a privacy risk and one should uninstall the program immediately. By my experience the file is located in the folder.
    C:\Program Files\SurfAccuracy
    It even offers an uninstall in the control panel.

Hi
    Hey I am in a big trouble now, my computer does not boot up, when it starts it automatically shouts down and says ending now and at the top it says sacc.exe. Please help I need to get rid of this sacc.exe process, it automatically tries to connect me to the internet. I tried to delete the process but it says that access denied. Even when I try to delete it from the task bar, process, tab it is not deleted from there. Please help me I am going frustrated now. Just a single process is stopping my computer to start. I can't take this. please help.

Hi
    When you press the button to start the computer, press F8 function key and select the Windows in the 'Safe Mode'. Now windows will be runningin the safe mode, go into window explorer and delete the file from there.
    Code:
    'C:\Program Files\SurfAccuracy'.
    Or just visit the site SurfAccurancy.com and click the 'uninstall' on the top right. That will get rid of it. Hope these help in sorting out the problem. If any problem feel free to post back.