Thread: How to remove Trojan.Dropper/Start-NV

How to remove Trojan.Dropper/Start-NV

I am having a trial version of Mckafee antivirus. This antivirus runs a scheduled scan everyday, so recently it has detected 20 infections of Trojan.Dropper/Start-NV in the directory, C:\WINDOWS\system32\NetworkService32. Since, I have a trial version of antivirus, I cannot delete it from the system. When I did search on the web, I got information that these files could be removed by zipping. But, when I try to do this, I get a message saying that "File cannot be removed". I tried to manually remove the files from system32, but I cannot locate the files. I scanned the system32 folder again, still I got 20 infections, but I cannot find the folder, NetworkService32. Please give a solution......

Re: How to remove Trojan.Dropper/Start-NV

Trojan.Dropper/Start-NV as the name suggests is a trojan horse virus that runs malicious codes unknown to us. Since, you cannot view the files which you got in the result in the System32 folder, I think your your copy of windows has been corrupted by the trojan. The only solution to this is to format your computer.

You said that you are using a trial version of Mckafee antivirus. If you are not able to remove Trojan.Dropper/Start-NV manually from your system and cannot see the files in the System32 folder that means that the virus has modified the system settings and all. You need to download the full version of Mckafee and delete it directly from the scan. I am providing the link for Mckafee below:
    DOWNLOAD

Hello there, first of all you need to format your system since it has infected your system and changed your registry settings. To take precaution from this Trojan.Dropper/Start-NV virus, you need to install Flash disinfector. This software creates autorun.inf,which is a hidden file, in each and every partition of the hard disk and extenal diks you insert. Do not delete this file because it protect you from infection from any virus in the future.