Thread: What is Alpha Antivirus??

What is Alpha Antivirus??

I am using Windows Vista and my browser is Mozilla Firefox. I use internet daily and I clicked on an add and many pop ups of Alpha Antivirus came into my system. It gave me a message to purchase Alpha Antivirus if I need to remove all this pop ups. I want someone to tell me what this Alpha Antivirus is and how do I remove it? Is it some kind of bot net virus or something?

Re: What is Alpha Antivirus??

This virus is also known as Rogue.AlphaAntiVirus. It does not spread in the system but, it has malicious types of files, entries of regitry and the worst part is is associated with trojan. This virus downloads other malicious codes and softwares into the system which results into a many types of problems in the system. I recommend you to use MalwareBytes Anti-malware to eradicate this threat.

This is a very critical type of infection which does a lot of damage. The Alpha Antivirus can be deleted by removing some files and registry entries personally. The files which you need to delete are

%Program Files%\AlphaAV, %Program Files%\AlphaAV\AlphaAV.exe,
    %UserProfile%\Desktop\Alpha Antivirus.lnk,
    %WINDOWS%\system32\msnaoladdon.dll,
    %WINDOWS%\system32\NetFilter.exe,
    %WINDOWS%\system32\ndisapi.dll and %WINDOWS%\system32\drivers\NDISRD.sys

The registry entries which need to be removed are HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Alpha Antivirus,
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “AlphaAV”, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “Alpha Antivirus”, HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Alpha Antivirus, HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\Alpha Antivirus. Hope that your computer will also be free from this virus.

The Alpha Antivirus is a recent application of rogue anti spyware that is very dangerous and causes lots of destruction in the system. It gives an ad which mentions itself to be a very good antivirus. many users which do not have information about this virus fall prey to this virus. It is recommended that you do not follow the tips provided by this antivirus ad because these ads are the easiest way to enter into the system.