Thread: Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop Worm: win32.kido.ih

Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop Worm: win32.kido.ih

Recently I discovered that my Dell Inspiron Laptop is infected by win32.kido.ih virus-worm. I do not know how this virus or worm got itself downloaded on my laptop. But now I am not able to remove it at all. I am using Panda anti-virus. I am not that aware of how to handle the antivirus. My laptop configuration is, Intel Core2 Duo, Genuine Windows 7 Home Basic 64-Bit operating system, 4giga-bytes DDR2 RAM. This virus-worm has even reduced my internet connectivity speed.
    Need help.

Re: Dell Inspiron 1545 Laptop Worm: win32.kido.ih

You should try to scan your Dell laptop in Safe Mode. In this Safe Mode all the third party appliations are disabled. So hence it is more secured to run a scan in Safe Mode. Restart your laptop and keep on clicking the function key F8. After that you will have to select Safe Mode using the arrow keep. Now your desktop icons may appear larger. Run a full system scan using your anti-virus.

win32.kido.ih is a net-worm(Network Worm). Like most of the common malicious worms and virus this net-worm also spreads itself through removable storage media such as CDs or USB drives and local networks. After it has downloaded itself to a computer it then starts creating a temporary file that has a random extension. The application program is also a Windows PE .dll file.

It seems as if your anti virus Panda is not capable of detecting and terminating the win32.kido.ih worm. My suggestion is you use another anti virus. AVAST will be really secured option. I am also using Avast anti-virus. This anti virus has Boot Time Scanning feature which will help you to run a scan even brfore your computer's operating system loads.