Thread: Setting up SMTP Relay

Setting up SMTP Relay

Being newbie with the Clarkconnect, I'd like some quick tips on setting up an SMTP relay.

I have an internal exchange, a domain name, for example, foo.com and mx on the domain in mail.foo.com or should I put this value mail.foo.com then postfix what should I do apart from enable AV and AS with knowing that I can not handle the ball and users on my Clarkconnect but my ad then I get all mails otherwise related to my field foo.com

Re: Setting up SMTP Relay

If you do a search you should find a detailed instructions on these operations. If the explanations are not enough, I specify the return. The name of the machine correspond to Clarkconnect mx present in the public DNS. In Applications - SMTP mail complete "list of areas of e-transfer" indicating the ip of the Exchange machine.

Sorry for the simplicity of my questions but I understand that the SMTP relay on Clarkconnect was easy to implement and it would not deceive me. I really look forward to the posts but did not find complete instructions on what I have or may be difficult search.

So I start and if you kindly inform me whether it would be nice of you:

I have a domain name foo.com and MX DNS mail.foo.com public. I installed my Clarkconnect and it named proxy.neptune.local. So nothing to do with mail.foo.com. My mail server internally is for example the ip 192.168.0.1 and ISP was directed through the VPN all SMTP traffic to this ip and only that ip.

I start my proposals:

1 So part System/SMTP relay Clarkconnect I understand in the area HOST I put my mx: mail.foo.com.

2 In Postfix: I put in the list box fields of e-transfer:
    Area: foo.com target mail server: 192.168.0.1

But in my Postfix hostname is proxy.neptune.local.
    Should I change it? is that this has an impact elsewhere?
    Should I change for example as mail.foo.com?

3 On my server I told him to return to my ip Clarkconnect.

But ISP side is that I can not tell them also that SMTP traffic will be received now by my clarkconnect and not my internal server to 192.168.0.1?

4 And finally how to say it has Postix that must relay uniquely everything concerning the field and the field uniquely foo.com not manage users on postfix, I understand in some posts that there might have reactions abroad on messages delivered and not delivered and he had set a main.cf? or that sort of thing?

I installed my Clarkconnect and it named proxy.neptune.local.
    No. If you try to send mail and your server comes under this name in the SMTP transaction you will have problems. Its name must match the mx.

2 In Postfix: I put in the list box fields of e-transfer:
    Area: foo.com target mail server: 192.168.0.1
    Yes

3 On my server I told him to return to my ip Clarkconnect.
    Yes

My mail server internally is for example the ip 192.168.0.1 and ISP was directed through the VPN all SMTP traffic to this ip and only that ip.
    Just do what vpn here?

But ISP side is that I can not tell them also that SMTP traffic will be received now by my clarkconnect and not my internal server to 192.168.0.1?
    No. The mx work with your public ip. Your relay should be accessible by the public ip, either translates or not.
    4 And finally how to say it has Postix that must relay uniquely everything concerning the field and the field uniquely foo.com not manage users on postfix, I understand in some posts that there might have reactions abroad on messages delivered and not delivered and he had set a main.cf? or that sort of thing?
    Nothing to touch, the default Postfix is not an open relay.