Thread: Is it a good way ?

benthomas Guest

ThumbsUp Is it a good way ?

Hi,

I want to connect three different networks together to share the internet. I have a DSL line that I am want to put a Linksys DSL router on.
    I do not want the computers on the separate networks to be acle to access one another. I just want them to share the internet connection.

My question is if i need some new hardware to accomplish it and if there is a benefit to do it by another way?

Regards
    Ben Thomas

Re: Is it a good way ?

Hello,

To resolve your problem first you have to provide connectivity between all the computers in a network, the computers of your home network must be either directly or indirectly connected to each other. To connect three network every computers must have network adapter device that connects the computer to the network. You can use connect computer network with adapter using a Peripheral Component Interconnect (PCI) slot of your computer.

If you are a laptop then the laptops are already provided with PCMCIA or PC Card network adapters installed in PC Card slots. One more network adapter is USB which conect the USB network adapters to USB port on a USB hub.

So enjoy networking........

Re: Is it a good way ?

I think that there are more than one solution for that.Try to use any of the following according to your budget are your easiness.
    1.buy a router with a multiple ports.
    2.Go to control panel and go under networking . then you create a network between the computers.
    3.use Ethernet network.
    4.Use hub if you want your 3 pc to have a network.
    5.you need a switch with 3 ports, first connect DSL modem to the switch and using RJ45 you can connect all the computers .