Thread: Terminal Server is acting up

Terminal Server is acting up

Hello all. Here is my issue:

One of my remote users is unable to access his folders on his Terminal Server session. This kind of happened randomly today. He was able to access them fine as of yesterday. I'm wondering what may have happened. He has all of the proper permissions to his folders, and he is in the proper groups. I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Terminal Server is acting up

I had the exact same issue when the citrix servers were put in place. Usually these issues will disappear after reboot. Most of the time, you can do one or both of the options above and would give back your logoff respond. In this case, it has to do with the fact that there was a W2K DC server in the mix which was truncating the Citrix GPO settings. . Likely cause are processes or applications that takes up memory usage. They are usually 3rd party agents installed on your windows such as backup agent, anitvirus agent, security related agent, and monitorin agetns etc. It was resolved by manually entering the terminal server roaming profile path in the user's ad object under the Terminal Server Profile tab. The sytax is:

\\server name\profile location\%username%

for example: \\dc1\profile\%username%

Re: Terminal Server is acting up

The profile fix did not work, unfortunately. He is already a local admin on the TS, and under the folder security properties, he has full control. He is also the owner of his redirected folder on the server. Now, he can't install anything on his desktop. This is the message he gets:
    "operation cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer"

Could this be a group policy issue?