Thread: How to remove Adware-DoubleD.dll

How to remove Adware-DoubleD.dll

Hi,

Firefox has started creating a problem for me, from few days I started receiving popups and homepage changes that I did not make. At this very moment, firfox won't even open anymore. I get a crash report screen. . . please can anyone help me to get rid of Adware-DoubleD.dll ???

Re: How to remove Adware-DoubleD.dll

This is not a virus or Trojan. PUP systems do not "infect". They can be installed by a user individually or possibly as part of a software package. PUPs are any piece of software that reasonable security or privacy-minded computer user may want to be informed and in some cases, remove it.

Adware- DoubleD is a potentially unwanted program that can be installed on computers without users' consent through a Trojan infection. It is detected as a program of "potentially unwanted programs (PUPs). If you are running Windows XP, I recommend that you temporarily turn off System Restore. Windows XP uses this feature is on by default, to restore the files on your computer If they become damaged. If a virus, worm or Trojan infects a computer, System Restore may back up the virus, worm or Trojan on the computer.

Adware-DoubleD may display excessive popup advertisements on the compromised computer.Windows prevents outside programs, including antivirus programs, from modifying System Restore. Therefore, antivirus programs or tools can not remove threats in the System Restore folder. Restart the computer in safemode, after power-up, just before Windows starts, press F8, the selections, select Safe Mode. As a result, System Restore has the potential of restoring an infected file on your computer, even after you have cleaned the infected files from all the other places. Also, a virus scan may detect a threat in the folder