Thread: Is it possible to have VPN under Debian

Is it possible to have VPN under Debian

I have Internet (unfiltered) at home and at work it is filtered internet (where I go to very little). Question: Is it possible to work accessing the Internet from home? I thought of the VPN connection. Here is the config:

At work: several pc (with xp) -> sonicwall firewall (which I have no access to management) -> Internet

home: several pc (with xp) -> firewall (which I have access, iptables) under debian -> Internet

How to have VPN in Debian, if possible?

Re: Is it possible to have VPN under Debian

I just have one question: is what you really expect a response from this forum focused on security?

Another way to ask this question:

you really believe that we will provide the means to circumvent network security in your company?

Or:

your company has not established a charter to use microphones?

Alternative:

your company pays you for BOSS to you and, incidentally, bypass the security establishment?

Heather5, to be quite honest with you I find some problems in your application. That's your companies security policy, and everyday I am sometimes paid to write, other times to implement or to validate their implementation. Your company could be or have been a customer. More embarrassing still, in my opinion, is the process of trying to circumvent the provisions taken by people who are paying you. It is clear, or should be, in so doing, they are in their role.

Maybe you feel that the terms of Internet access that will concern them is adapted to perform your daily work. In this case, prepare your arguments and get successful with your boss who will be enforcing the department the necessary changes.

I think it is neither legal nor correct to try to make us like you describe. By violating the security policy of your company you are taking a risk and potentially expose you to prosecution. In effect your behavior could seriously harm the company and put in danger.

The solution was drilling firewall and passing anything anywhere.

And yes, in time, because today, a good firewall control up to Layer 7. So, farewell p2p, ssh and others. And if by chance the https was still free, it's a safe bet that the destination IP would examined carefully ...

To summarize, Heather5, if you're sure your home RSSI at the top, you're wasting your time and conversely, if the RSSI setting the kindness of its users, it was wrong.

Fortunately for the technical and developers is a constant game of cat and mouse. We always seek to pass a tunnel ssh discreetly!