Thread: Possibilities of tracing IP address

unsure Possibilities of tracing IP address

Hey frnds,

Recently i visited orkut account of a guy with my fake orkut account, but i dnt want to reveal my identity to him. Bt d problem is he s working as techno guy in the same company of which i have broadband connection. So is it possible for him to trace my IP address??? Does IP address provide my telephone line details??? What kind of information can an IP address disclose????

Re: Possibilities of tracing IP address

A fake IP Address is one that does not appear in any ISP's BGP (Border Gateway protocol) tables and accordingly can not carry traffic. Whenever you get online, your computer is assigned an IP address. Every device connected to the public Internet is assigned a unique number known as an Internet Protocol (IP) address. If you connect through the router, all of the computers on that network will share a similar Internet Protocol address, though each computer on the network will have a unique INTRAnet address. IP Maps that are built from real traffic do not contain the locations for fake IP Addresses. Research shows that a majority of the theoretical total of 256*256*256 = 16,777,216 subnets are either fake subnets, or don't carry any traffic at all. In addition to fake addresses, IP maps may not contain addresses of low traffic subnets or infrequently used subnets.

Re: Possibilities of tracing IP address

IP tracing and IP tracking provide him information such as your IP address, IP country code, IP address country, IP address state, IP address city, Browser, Internet Speed, Operating System, Organization. It does not give your telephone number.