Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 14-11-2009

question Network password and windows 7

Hi

Hope someone can help med with the following problem.

For a while I've had a mac (10.4) and pc(Win XP Pro) on the same network with no problem. A couple of days ago I bougt a pc with windows 7 and when trying to connect to the mac I get prompted to enter network password. I don't have any passwords on my computer, I even dropped the admin password. The windows 7 machine finds the xp machine on the network but can not connect to it.

Where do I find the password the machine is asking for?

Should I keep looking for a solution or should I just return the pc or install xp on it??

Any help would be appreciated. I have tried a couple of solutions in this forum given to someone who had this problem in Vista, but with no luck.

Thanks
Old 07-06-2011

Re: Network password and windows 7

In the Computer icon click the right mouse button and entered to Properties. In the System Properties window go to the Computer Name tab. Now after that you connect to Internet and Windows will ask you if you're on a home network, network or a public network, public network if you choose you may have problems because Windows 7 is very special to safety.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,