Thread: Userinit.exe is infected with Trojan

Userinit.exe is infected with Trojan

Hi,

I have viruses on my computer, all have been deleted except this 1, AVG is my antivirus, it keeps detecting a backdoor Trojan in the C:\windows
    system32\userinit.exe file
    , AVG won't touch it because it is on its white list, and Spybot wants to delete it! So how do i fix this?

Re: Userinit.exe is infected with Trojan

You must not remove userinit.exe, because it is a file system. You can pull the hard drive and install it as slave and copy userinit or you can boot from the Windows CD and remove it from the i386 directory. Are you getting the message that had a virus before disabling the Data Execution Prevention or will not start after that?

You should scan your computer in safe mode with updated anti-virus tools and spyware removal. You can download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. After installing Malwarebytes, you must restart the computer and press F8 and select Safe Mode and Scan your compter conjunction with Malwarebytes and AVG antivirus. If the virus detects and then attempts to delete.

If you are not able to log on to system using either Normal Mode or Safe Mode. This occur only when Winlogon service tries to load the Windows default shell (explorer.exe) and user shell (userinit.exe) from registry. This service searches for Explorer.exe and Userinit.exe in the following path of registry:

HTML Code:
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon