Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 11-11-2009

connecting xp and vista in home network

i have a vista laptop and a xp pro desktop, they are both connected to together by a netgear N+ wirless router with the laptop wireless and desktop wired. they both belong to the same workgroup and both of them can access the internet thru the router but they can not see each other. the closes i have gotten that was both of them seeing the workgroup in my network but not each other. both have the lastest SP's.

can any one help me plz.

thank you.
Old 15-06-2011

Re: connecting xp and vista in home network

First of all you will need to disable the satic IP and ICS (if you have set previously). After that go to Control panel > Network and Internet > Network and Sharing center > Managing network connections (on the right corner)> Select all connections > right click on one of the connection > click "Network bridging". When finished, right click on the icon of Network Bridge > select "properties" > unlock the UAC >remove the tick of your internet connection in the upper box > click "OK". After that right click the icon of your internet connection > select "properties" > unlock the UAC > go to the "sharing" page, tick both check box. > click "OK". Thats it

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , , , ,