Thread: Replacing Bitdefender with norton security

Replacing Bitdefender with norton security

Hello,
    In my new laptop as I have Norton Security, but recently i got the BitDefender security and got many advice from professionals and friends that BitDefender is better than norton and i should replace it, is it true? Norton is working fine for me and not giving any problems but i woud like to saty on safer side. So what are your suggestions, should i replace or shouldn't?

Re: Replacing Bitdefender with norton security

Hello
    You can also go under MSE. (Microsoft Security Essentials) Free, lightweight, quiet, efficient. With the integrated Windows Firewall and antimaleware type Malewarebytes, who need norton then. And yes i also believes norton makes pc much slower.

I used Norton for at least 5 years. It worked well and never had an infection. But now I'm using BD, and it do not let me down. Norton got bloated and left it. I am satisfied with BD, and would recommend it over Norton. BitDefender is cheaper, has good heuristic detection and very good, and excellent updates.

All anti-virus software have their cons. Some of them aren't serious, they may be more easily treated. Most people who are not familiar with the anti-virus software to find the settings to be very difficult. Some common cons of most anti-virus software, sometimes jumping through virus for analysis. Most of them do not even detect certain types of viruses. Most anti-virus software on your computer's performance sluggish. Most people complain that Norton slows down their computers. Norton is also able to detect some types of viruses that other virus scanning software do, and also jumps through a common virus during the scan. I would recommend getting McAfee VirusScan. I've tried both and noticed that McAfee does affect the performance of your PC at all. It runs smoothly. It also has a higher detection rate then Norton. There are no viruses that I saw that Norton had missed and McAfee hadn't collected. I would recommend McAfee, but still does not mean it is simply the best anti-virus software. To be honest, I do not think there is such a thing as a scanner of the "best" of viruses. There is still a virus that is encoded today that are detected by the anti upper class of today's antivirus software.