Thread: Multiple folders with the same name

Multiple folders with the same name

Hello,

I am using Windows XP SP 3 as my operating system and everything was working fine but today when i try started my computer and went into D: drive i found out that many sub folders are being created with the same name, when i try to delete those folder but after rebooting my computer they come back again. I have tried many solution but none of them worked for me. Does anyone facing such kind of issue ?

It seems that your computer is being infected by virus because of which you are facing such kind of issue, reboot your computer and boot into safe mode, then install a fresh copy of AVG anti virus let it scan your whole computer, i am sure this would remove all virus and malware from your computer and after that try to delete all the folder which are created with the same name.

Thanks for replying i have try to install AVG anti virus and delete all the folders which contain same name, but it comes back again, does anyone know any other solution apart from this.

I was also facing similar type of issue with my laptop where multiple sub folder where getting created whenever i try to refresh, when i told my friend about this issue he told me my whole system has infected with virus and i need to completely format all drives and install a fresh copy of operating system, but before doing this is would recommend you to install a-squared Anti-Malware which is very good in removing such kind of virus from your system. Hope it works for you or at last you have to format your computer