Thread: Browser Hijack issue on Windows Xp

Browser Hijack issue on Windows Xp

I'm running Windows Xp as my operating system. I have recently been infected with some sort of browser hijack, and can not located the files infected. I have tried to run malware bites, and it scans until it hits my recovery drive, and then locks up on a system32/config file. Adaware does the same. I have ran in safe mode and the same is happening. So, can any body tell me that how to resolve browser hijack issue on Windows Xp? Any one knows about it? Kindly help me out to resolve the above issue.

Re: Browser Hijack issue on Windows Xp

Browser hijacking is one of the web's constant dangers. Most browser hijackers alter default home pages and search pages to those of their customers, who pay for that service because of the traffic it generates. Whether it arrives in the form of a flood of obscene pop-up windows assaulting you after a mistyped URL, or malicious code taking over your browser completely, chances are good that every Internet user will be subjected to this practice in some form.

Whenever one of the above items is changed, or a BHO is added, you are immediately provided with information on the item, along with the option to keep the change, or revert to your previous settings. A browser hijack falls into a gray area between malware and adware. The purpose is to direct web surfers to specific search engines, and to monitor activity to direct targeted advertising (usually in the form of pop-ups).

Most browser hijackers take advantage of Internet Explorer's ability to run ActiveX scripts straight from a web page. Generally, these programs will request permission to install themselves via a popup that loads when you visit a certain site. Browser Hijack Blaster also can detect changes between the times it is run. If a spyware application tries to install its BHO at boot-up, and change settings at boot-up, before Browser Hijack Blaster is activated, you will be notified and (like the situation above) given the option to keep the change or to revert to your previous settings.

Exclamation Re: Browser Hijack issue on Windows Xp

im h aving the same problem except i know whose hacking my broswser, do i need to start a new thread or continue here? thanks

You can continue posting in this thread itself, it is better to keep related issues togather... Do post back...

I would advice you to refer the Browser hijacking: How to avoid and protect them from damage this will help you to get the problem solved.