Thread: How to remove I-worm/vb.gv virus

How to remove I-worm/vb.gv virus

Hi,

My PC is infected with I-worm/vb.gv virus in my network, it has been detected by the free edition of AVG antivirus, I cleaned these several times using AVG Antivirus. AVG said that his I-worm/vb.gv is a virus but removing it, will erase my important files and its creating a number of copies to my pc. How do I delete without reformatting and reinstalling my computer?

Re: How to remove I-worm/vb.gv virus

A good virus removal program like McAfee or Norton will rid your computer of viruses, but if it opened mail containing a virus, then it will return. There are some anti-virus programs to check all email attachments for viruses and clean them. Sorry for your problem. If you have another program or do not open email that has not been scanned for viruses. I check mine every few days.

If you use some removable media (CD, external hard drives, flash drives, etc.) may simply re-infect yourself by connecting the infected media. It is also possible that after format that goes anywhere you visiting infecting alone (especially if you use Internet Explorer, does not block scripts, etc..) So first take a backup of important files on external drive then format the pc. After format, install a good antivirus like F-Secure, kaspersky, etc update it. But remember that before you restore your files from external drive, first scan it fully then transfer the files.

I-Worm.VB.gv is a mass-mailing worm which uses its own SMTP engine. It sends a copy of itself as an email attachment to the email addresses collected from the compromised computer. The worm checks the victim machine for an P2P client (edonkey2000, emule, kazaa, morpheus etc). It then copies the archive copy of itself to the shared directories of the P2P clients found, making the infected files accessible to other users. This worm is also known as I-Worm/VB.bi, WORM_GREW.A, Email-Worm.Win32.VB.bi, W32/Nyxem-D, Kama Sutra, W32/Tearec.A.worm, Email-Worm.Win32.Nyxem.e, Win32/Mywife.E@mm, WORM_NYXEM.E, Blackworm, Nyxem and MyWife.