Thread: Issues with NetGear Router

Issues with NetGear Router

I am finding it hard to come over the Netgear router issur i have come across. I have Rangemaux router installed some time back, but when i click on the Netgear icon on the desktop tray, it shows, Connected to Router, where it should say Connected to Internet. The internet works fine, but for about two times in a day, when it just randomly disconnects from the router, and then i have to to again connect, i have to restart the computer again. When i see the Browser version and the driver date, it says "unknown". I wonder if there is some driver issue as such? any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance.

Re: Issues with NetGear Router

Was just going through your post. I do not think there is any problem with the Netgear, but did you check your NIC(Network interface cards) drivers. You can try getting the newest drivers downloaded and installed and then see what happens. Please post if you cannot get it.

Where could i get the NIC drivers? To go with what i said earlier, i would like to know what must the "wireless light" on the router show? Is it supposed to be constant? because if that is the case, i see mine blinking rapidly every 10 seconds. My router homepage shows no new fireware updates.

Here's what i had faced some time back. My netgear worked wireless but not on the computer connected to the same router. I had to change my modem due to a crash, and after that, somewhere when i was setting up the system, my DNS and IP settings were changed. After doing a lot of research for a day, just minor changes in my configuration is all i needed to get started. Heres what i did, got into the setup page of router, by using http://192.168.1.1 and then pressed restart button at the back of the router manually for about 10 seconds.Then checked the connections to and from the router.This didnot work, so i checked the TCP/IP properties of my PC, whether it was acquiring the IP and DNS addresses automatically. To do this, right click on the LAN, select properties, go to genral tab, select internet protocol TCP/IP , then click properties and then see if the settings are to automatically obtain IP and DNS address. Now open the routers setup page and check if this works. If not try and reboot and check again. Hope this helps you.

i just changed the Ethernet cords and everything's just working fie. I was loosing connection due to the Cords. Thanks everyone for the help.