Thread: How to delete WIN32/conficker

How to delete WIN32/conficker

Hello friends,

I am using Windows XP SP 3 as my operating system and everything was working fine few days back, but today when i try to access internet i was facing some issue, when i had run ESET NOD32 antivirus on my computer i came to know that my system has being infected with WIN32/conficker virus. I don't have any information about this virus, can anyone provide me some information about it and at the same time direct me how to remove WIN32/conficker virus from my computer ?

Information about WIN32/conficker

WIN32/conficker is basically a worm that infects other computers across a network by exploiting a vulnerability in the Windows Server service (SVCHOST.EXE). This Trojan quietly installed spy programs and or keylogger programs on computers in order to steal passwords and system information. The stolen information is then sent to a remote server where the perpetrator can utilize it for malicious activities.Depending on the specific variant, it may also spread via removable drives and by exploiting weak passwords. It disables several important system services and security products and downloads arbitrary files.

If you computer is being infected with WIN32/conficker then reboot your computer and reboot into safe mode, now click on start go to run option and type regedit and press enter, then a registry window would get open, now browse to Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Svchost and delete this key and i would suggest you to install Norton as your anti virus.

Thanks for replying me i have try to follow the steps which you have told me to do and at the same time i have also install Norton and try to remove it, but that was not not helpful for me, does anyone has any other solution.

WIN32/conficker is a virus which infects other drivers too, so in that case i would suggest you to totally format your computer and install fresh copy of Windows XP on your system, before doing this i would suggest you to install AVG anti virus on your system and i hope this would remove WIN32/conficker from your system.