Thread: Need some information on ICS on different Windows

Need some information on ICS on different Windows

Hi,
    I am learning to setup a small Windows network. We have a broadband internet service. Now I had enable all the users to use the internet through the server. The thing lies here that it is possible to configure this service more and how to do the same. There are many methods of Internet Connection sharing available in different Windows version. What more can I utilize here. Also I had created a scheduled task in Windows XP which take automated backup of the entire network in regular interval. Does I can do more here.Thanks in advance.

Re: Need some information on ICS on different Windows

If you are using a Windows 98 Second edition or ME then this solution will work for you. If still you have a older pc in your network then this can help you. First create a work group then setup the Subnet Musk 255.255.255.0 . After that give out proper IP configuration. The default network protocol for your system will be TCP / IP. Proper configuration will not give out much issue. The same setting are similar to other versions of Windows also.

Once the computer has Internet access and all the other rack to hang himself. Maximum of 253 PCs are allowed with Internet-PC. Since the disadvantage to be clearly a router, which consumes less power. Another option for Internet-sharing is a Proxy server is installed on the Internet PC. You only need to activate the option in the browser proxy and ports which needs to be registered. For enabling the printer sharing follow this steps. Start > Printers and Faxes > Add Printer > Next > network printer or printer checkbox > next > Find Printer select > Next PC and then select the printer > Next Confirm the following dialog with ok.

Perhaps the simplest form of backup is to copy the combining of individual files in a backup folder (Insert /) and then save it to removable media. This method is time consuming, you do not automatically expire, and also the risk of a certain "error rate" is home, if you accidentally forget to copy data. Another method of data backup can be included in the program for MS-Windows Backup, where you can specify a routine backup tasks. The disadvantage of this service is that in backup you cannot open files that are password protected, or run manually.