Thread: How to Set preferred Wifi networks

How to Set preferred Wifi networks

Hi,

I have BlackBerry 8300, now for a while and everything was working properly. Last week, however, decided that it was not able to connect to my wireless home more when the "mobile network preferred / only" is selected. Network still recognize my house wifi, strange thing is that still connects fine when "wifi preferred / only" is selected. But this selection is also connected through UMA and I have trouble receiving calls when connected via UMA. Does nobody knows how to turn off the AMU in the "wifi preferred / only" option or get to connect to wifi when "Mobile network preferred / only" is selected? Will the Snap automatically choose WiFi over the HSDPA when it's in range? How do I Set preferred Wifi networks ???

Re: How to Set preferred Wifi networks

If you select Preferred WiFi as a method connection settings, and you're within range of a WiFi network configured but have simply not done at the access point / WiFi network (if it requires a login), the BB will not fall back to using mobile (cellular) connection. However, if you are within range of a WiFi network set up then fall back through the wireless connection. Since you are connected to the home network that will not stop moving again. It is not only mobile WiFi is not available when not, if you can not connect to the WiFi network.

If not, when connected, select "forget this network", or select from the list of previous networks . You do not connect more. However, if you use the home network then you'll have to live with the way it is now, or BlackBerry Set to prompt you to join a new network: Choose Wi-Fi and turn "network connections" in the or off. Then, you have to manually connect each network. By default, once you've joined a Wi-Fi network manually, Blackberry automatically every time you join the network is in range. If more than one previously used network is in range, iPhone joins the last time.

You can enter the network configuration of the house and tell your phone to not automatically connect to it. That should do the trick, but youll have to open the configuration and network connection when you're not at home, it will connect automatically.