Thread: Aspire easyStore h340 server recovery Failure issue

Aspire easyStore h340 server recovery Failure issue

I have a brand new Acer Aspire EasyStore H340 Windows Home Server box with three 1 TB hard drives in it. Due to multiple problems, mostly with the backup service continuing to fail and not being able to add a second hard drive without causing the server to lock up or drop off the network, I decided to do a Server Recovery on my unit. It's 2 months old. But still i'm having the same issue. So, can nay body tell me that why i'm receiving Aspire easyStore h340 server recovery Failure issue? Any one knows about this issue? Please help me out to resolve the above issue.

Re: Aspire easyStore h340 server recovery Failure issue

Did you try using the Vista 32-bit drivers for your NIC? (The restore environment is 32-bit only.) The most likely option for getting the server running again is going to be to go through Acer's server recovery process, which should be described in the documentation you received with the server.

The problem wasn't the number of drives, or updates, or unmatched versions of the connector, or bad hardware. have an RMA number for it already but I can't understand why restoring it to factory settings with the Server Restore disk didn't make it just like everyone else that has purchased this unit. It was with Windows XP x64 and with Vista Home Premium 32-bit. Apparently, after doing a system recovery or restore, neither of those operating systems can be used to do the initial home server setup.

My suggestion is to contact Acer support. I would have to assume that you got some bad hardware and should RMA it back to Acer for an exchange. This seems some-what ridiculous though. In an age where more people are purchasing and owning 64-bit hardware with an OS to match, you would think that MS would've made the WHS system and software a bit more compatible (all of my daily use XP machines are 64-bit with x64 installed).