Thread: Unable to install any software or antivirus

Unable to install any software or antivirus

I just got the computer from a friend in whom the virus has to be lodged. When starting windows (which is slow), I noticed that the resident protection of avast was inactive. When I wanted to make it active, an RPC error popup. So I tried uninstalling and reinstalling a new antivirus (avira). When I want to install, CRC errors in the virus definitions interrupts the installation. All files that I want to install is incorrect.

As the impression that a virus corrupts files extricate themselves. The same facilities have been made in safe mode but in vain. I then tried to install the Windows antivirus (Microsoft Security Essentials) and do the updates but the same problem appears.

I wonder if anyone has a solution to my problem? Is this some virus activity or something else? Can you suggest me how to solve this problem?

Re: Unable to install any software or antivirus

I think the PC should be infected by Bagle (or even a virus even more wicked). Basically, it is severely infected but may still be treated.

Do you by chance have any error messages like "Y is not a valid application Win32" when you try to run / install protection software?

No, only when extracting file during installation. Normal behavior with wizards like "Windows has decided to discontinue the software ... for security reasons"

Ok

Use this diagnostic software if you like, then I can maybe help you:

• Download Random's System Information Tool (RSITY) of random/random and save it on your desktop.
    • Double click on RSIT.exe to launch the tool.
    • Click on 'Continue' at the disclaimer screen.
    • If the HijackThis tool is not present or not detected on your computer, download the RSITY (allows access in your firewall, if requested) and you must accept the license.
    • Once the scan is complete, two reports will show: do not post directly here (you can pm me).

I would also like you to do this test please. Give up on this and tell me if the six images of the table top all appear correctly.

Hello, thank you for your reply. But I tried the test in Safe mode. The 6 images are displayed correctly. Please check your PM, I have sent you. Thank you in advance

Hi,

In Safe Mode?

You mean RSITY or test images?

If I did not ask you to run the PC in safe mode is that these procedures are done in normal mode