Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2009

Intrusion Detection System

Dear friends,

I am doing my project on Network intrusion detection systems.Can any one suggest me the best programming language and algorithms for this project?

Thanks for your co-operation in advance.
Old 02-11-2009

Re: Intrusion Detection System

I think you can used C programming language or Java programming language along with the Best Fit Algorithm. Intrusion detection (ID) is a type of security management system for computers and networks. An intrusion detection system (IDS) inspects all inbound and outbound network activity and identifies suspicious patterns that may indicate a network or system attack from someone attempting to break into or compromise a system. An ID system gathers and analyzes information from various areas within a computer or a network to identify possible security breaches, which include both intrusions (attacks from outside the organization) and misuse (attacks from within the organization). ID uses vulnerability assessment (sometimes referred to as scanning), which is a technology developed to assess the security of a computer system or network.
Old 02-11-2009

Re: Intrusion Detection System

There are a lot of programming language that you can use. But if you intend to use network compatibility, i would suggest you to use Java. It has the best capabilty for network protocols and as Java is a platform independent language, you can implement this project on any OS...

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,