Thread: Configuring bandwidth for cisco 2811 router

Configuring bandwidth for cisco 2811 router

Hello,
    I have setup a small network at my work place. I am having the problem with my bandwith.we are using Cisco 2811 routers in our office. Having two routers running BGP and two serial links.One link will be a T1 and other link is T3. I have the clockrate set at 64k on one link and 128k on the other but both show 1.544m/bits. I am trying to figure out 44.736m/bits (T3). How i can configure my bandwith? Anybody know about this ?? Any suggestion??

Re: Configuring bandwidth for cisco 2811router

In most corporate networks, the bandwidth is great, but still not an unlimited resource. Without management services, it is easy for an application to consume more bandwidth than its share, inevitably generates problems ranging from complaints ( "slow speed" Reports from users) major operational issues (backups are not completed time). Because file transfers can be significant and are used by several people simultaneously, it is easy for users to saturate a network with excessive transfer without even realizing it.you can create a class-map for each group of traffic you are trying to classify.
    access-list 101 permit ip x.x.x.x y.y.y.y <customer A's ip address /inverse mask
    access-list 102 permit ip x.x.x.x y.y.y.y <customer B's ip address /inverse mask
    policy-map myoutboundpolicy
    class customera
    bandwidth (desired bw in kbps)
    class customerb
    bandwidth (desired bw in kbps)

interface (outbound interface)
    service-policy output myoutboundpolicy
    This will allow you to allocate a bandwith.

Re: Configuring bandwidth

There is a free tool called Scrutinizer Holding of the style. You will configure NetFlow on your Cisco devices, but it works well and give your bandwidth and traffic is to link you network.Or else Doing the show "interface S0 / 0 "(or any location of your T1 card is installed, and look "txload values" and "rxload. The absolute maximum for these counters is 255, so if you get, for example, 120/255 in any cons, it means you get use about 50%. You may also look "at 5 minute input" and "5 output rate minute "- it shows you use in bits / second. It's easy See how your current job (in the last 5 minutes) use.

Re: Configuring bandwidth

you must install an application,that will monitor these parameters, register and introduce yourself inGraph. I suggest you to MRTG. It's free Linux and Windows applications, which will show you use day, week, month and year graphics. If you need more detailed "drill" in traffic, for example, who and how use your bandwidth, you must use the NetFlow feature. There are a analyzers available free couple NetFlow, yes, you may pick which one works best for you.