Thread: Computer infected with msb.exe virus

Computer infected with msb.exe virus

Hello friends,

I am using Windows XP as my operating system and everything is workign fine but today i saw that my AVG AntiVirus has detected detected Trojan horse in C:\WINDOWS\msb.exe and i have deleted those file, but after some time it comes back again. Can anyone direct me how to remove msb.exe virus from my system.

If you really want to remove msb.exe virus from your system then first you need to disable your system restore and reboot your computer and boot in safe mode, now click on start goto search option and type msb.exe, from here delete all the files which are being found. After that press Ctrl + Alt+ Delete and kill all the process from here and also delete/modify any values added to the registry by msb.exe. Finally delete all temporary files and restart your computer and then have a virus scan i am sure now your computer is free from msb.exe virus

Re: Computer infected with msb.exe virus

msb.exe is a Trojan virus which creates other processes on disk, Runs Javascript code, visits web sites on your PC without you knowing, at the same time it can communicate with other computer systems using HTTP protocols, it also reads email address and phone book details and removes Scheduled Tasks from the Windows task queue etc.

My computer also got infected with msb.exe virus, when i told my friend about it he told me to use Spyware Terminator this will can your computer for known threats and report findings in a manner that is easy to read and interpret. At the same time Spyware Terminator has included open-source antivirus, Clam AntiVirus (ClamAV), for optional integration to achieve a higher level of security. ClamAV can be integrated into spyware scans, updates and the real-time protection, so i would also recommend you to install Spyware Terminator and have a check for the same, if you are still not able to remove msb.exe virus then finally you have to format your computer and install a fresh copy of operating system.