Thread: Need a antivirus for Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Kido.a

Need a antivirus for Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Kido.a

Hi,
    I received a client pc which is infected with Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Kido.a virus. This virus has been detected in combo fix. The virus has made system extremely slow. I was wondering that if I take a backup of the drive then there will be more chances of infection in different version. What is safest way to remove it first and then take the backup from the same. Thanks.

Re: Need a antivirus for Trojan-Dropper.Win32.Kido.a

The best way to take a secure back is first running a scan in for the files and then copy pasting them. You can also copy the data in USB drive then scan the same in a different pc to remove the threats. Things you will need to take here is that if you inserting a infected pen drive in a different computer then first disable autorun. Because this installs the virus. Second open my computer and right click on the drive. Choose scan for virus.

The virus most probably lies in the Windows directory and the second in Temp folder. First clear up the temp files. Then install any antivirus doesn't matter if your installing a trail version. Restart your computer and press F8 at the time of booting up. Go in safe mode and run the scan. A major part of the threat will be removed and you can safely take backup of your data.

It is a trojan virus. The virus lies in windows directory. The files is a type of Windows PE.exe. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del. Go to process tab and see which file is eating more system resources. End process and run the search process for the file. It is much better if you install Norton and run a system scan. Secondly take back up insert Windows disc and run a repair process instead of formatting the entire thing.