Thread: How i can detect computer malware

How i can detect computer malware

Hello,
    I have hp pavilion at my home. I have internet connection too. yet i don't found any malware. i dont have installed any virus scan application. I want to know which application i can used for detecting computer malware. Which one is good ? Anybody have any idea ? Any suggestion??

Re: How i can detect computer malware

The best one is Avira AntiVirus. You can surely trust on this application.AntiVir scores well on malware-location trials. It also has a high rate of rapid delivery of new signature files. Both are important, with the proliferation of malware, zero-day.Microsoft Security Essentials have to be mentioned although it has not been released yet. I could not test it because I missed the cutoff beta. But a friend of mine IOC is running tests and the grant. His only problem is the slow scanning speed.

VirusTotal is very good option for you. if you have any fears about a file or program already on your computer or if you wish to download unknown software on it. In both cases, it is easy to find more information.
    Download the file to the VirusTotal website. After a few seconds, a detailed report appears. If one or more of the 32 anti-malware company has a problem with the file, their comments appear in red.Windows Firewall is a welcome addition. But it is limited in its functionality. Therefore I consider a firewall necessary third party, especially if the computer moves.
    Most firewall applications offer additional services. They act as program officers to determine what software exists on a computer, learn what the software does, and prevent malware from altering the application code.

Wireshark was the good virus scanner availabel in market. using a network protocol analyzer like Wireshark may be the only way to recognize the existence of malware.Wireshark Allows You To determine whether unexplained traffic data is received or sent by computer.
    The best way is to use Wireshark to run a basic scan, trap all traffic to and from your computer. Later, if something looks suspicious, perform another analysis, comparing results.Combofix scanner is capable of removing files Effectively Designated as malware. It also Allows you to create reports Which can be used when seeking additional help. Combofix is One of Those programs where you have to be careful about deleting files.