Thread: Readme.eml virus in attachment

Readme.eml virus in attachment

Hi,
    I received some images via email attachments. It has included a file called readme.eml. I downloaded the attachment and opened it. Nothing came up on the screen. Now when I try to download the file it is not deleting. I says the file is busy or being used. I think this is a virus. How to remove it. The same is not detected by my antivirus also. I access my mails by Outlook. How to get rid of this file.

Re: Readme.eml virus in attachment

.eml is a type of email extension. It is normally used by Outlook express to save mails in a folder. The file you downloaded can be a virus. You have already opened it and executed the virus file. The only way to delete is by using unlocker or by ending the process associated to the file from task manager. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del and go to Process tab. In the list see the similar file name and click on end process. After that launch a search process and delete the file.

Click on Start > Run and in the box type msconfig. Go to general tab and then click on Advance button.Then select the box Enable Startup Menu and reboot your system. After that press F8 continuously on restart. A menu will appear. Choose safe mode. Under safe mode delete the file and run a full system virus scan. Check that your virus database is updated. Clean the temporary folder also.

It is possible to remove the file by using command prompt. Log in as administrator. Then click on Start > Run > cmd. In the command prompt window giv the command del /f /s /q c\filename.eml. Give the proper location. You can also copy the location from the address menu of Windows Explorer. The file also creates a dll file in the c drive. It can be admin.dll in any of your windows drive. Search for it and remove the same.