Thread: What is apcmain.exe file in Vista

What is apcmain.exe file in Vista

Hi,
    I have always noticed apcmain.exe running in the task manager. Many times on restarting when I logged in as Guest the UAC prompted me to provide access to this type of service. I search my system I had not installed any program related to this name. This creates more doubts. How to get rid of this file. If it is a system file then why it is getting blocked. Any suggestions will be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: What is apcmain.exe file in Vista

It is not confirmed that the file is related to virus. It is better that you must run a full system scan in order to determine the threat. You will get a better result if the same is run under safe mode. It the file is a threat then Windows will surely block it. Delete the same. The usual location for such applications is Windows directory. Check it also.

The file is associated with Ascentive Performance Center. Check the control panel for this ascentive performance center. Uninstall the application and reboot your system. Also run a registry repair tool to clear up the keys generated by the program. It is not a threat. Just remove the listed application and the problem will be solved.

The file is associated with a malware program which is located in the Windows directory. It is a system file. The file creates registry value to launch itself on boot. It is recommended that you must perform a full system virus scan to fix the issue. It is not so dangerous. Block the program and run a scan under safe mode. Also run msconfig and disable the start up services to let the file run automatically.