Thread: Why AVG cannot remove name.exe

Why AVG cannot remove name.exe

Hi,
    I received a files called named.exe in a mail. Accidentally I run the files. There is no entry of the application in the Add Remove program. The same file when I try to delete from the computer drive it shows cannot delete the files. I had run AVG scan which detected it as a virus. After the scan I removed the virus completely by deleting it. But again after a second scan the virus is detected back. How to get rid of this.

Re: Why AVG cannot remove name.exe

Name.exe is a virus. You must not expect any mails with softwares attached it them. They can be virus or include virus in them. The best way to remove is to first boot your system under safe mode. Press F8 continuously when you computer restarts. After pressing you can see a menu. Select Safe Mode with Networking. Then run the antivirus and set it to full system scan not on quick scan.

Get a good antivirus. It is also possible that you have not updated your virus definition due to which AVG is not able to heal it completely. Just get Norton and run a scan. Then open my computer and search for the files similar to the virus. The search process will show you the similar files. Delete them and reboot your computer. Then click on Start > Run > type sfc /scannow. Insert Windows disc.

The virus is located in the C drive or the Windows directory. The virus has similar name. The reason behind unable to delete the virus is that it is running as a application in the back ground. Press Ctrl + Alt + Del. Go to process tab and click on name.exe. Then at below click on End Process. Now try to delete the virus. In the same way click on Start > Run and type regedit. Navigate to the following path - HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run and delete the last keys.