Thread: Offline Files are Greyed Out

Offline Files are Greyed Out

Hi,

I would like to disable offline files on my machine, but the button is grayed When I go offline files in the control panel. The computer is on a Windows 2003 domain and have the option of group policy "allow or disallow the use of Offline Files feature" is Greyed Out . I have no idea why this is, does anyone have any clues??

Re: Offline Files are Greyed Out

Indeed, in the Windows XP workstation, you can make network files available offline by storing shared files on your computer to accessible when not connected to the network. If you do this, you can work with files in the same way that you work with them when connected to the network. When you reconnect to the network, changes made to files on the network are updated. But you can not select Personal folder files and offline files when configured on the workstation.

You log on as local administrator machine, local administrator has the ability to mark / unmark check box to enable or disable offline files. However, any register domain user on the machine will need to purchase this establishment, where the group policy is not explicitly set. The Group Policy should allow users of other options and try setting machine policies instead and can force Offline Files Enabled.

Any win XP folder redirected to a network share available offline by default. This makes the "Available Offline" option is checked (checked), but toned down and not be removed. To enable Offline Files without specifying a setting, in Windows Explorer, on the Tools menu, click Folder Options, click the Offline Files tab, and then click "Enable Offline Files."