Thread: Windows 7 Blue Screen, Bug Check Code : 0x000000e4

Windows 7 Blue Screen, Bug Check Code : 0x000000e4

I did a upgrade from Vista Home premium to Windows 7 and in between I was getting slight blue screen but not continously. But soon after some time I was getting blue screen continously and I was not even able to boot my pc. It will load upto the desktop and then just stuck. I was able to get some blue screen message that I am pasting below hopin that someone would be able to help me:

Dump File : 102309-30903-01.dmp
    Crash Time : 10/26/2009 9:45:33 PM
    Bug Check String : WORKER_INVALID
    Bug Check Code : 0x000000e4
    Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000002
    Parameter 2 : fffff880`07c38530
    Parameter 3 : fffff880`07c38550
    Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
    Caused By Driver : mfehidk.sys
    Caused By Address : mfehidk.sys+26a23

Re: Windows 7 Blue Screen, Bug Check Code : 0x000000e4

I think that the mfehidk.sys occurs due to Mcafee antivirus. Some third-party applications will not allow McAfee software to run correctly. To ensure your computer is functioning efficiently with McAfee software, remove any applications from the list below by using Windows tools or via the provided links.

Solution
    •Check the list of incompatible applications below to verify that the software will not interfere with McAfee programs.
    •Uninstall the incompatible applications from your computer using the links provided below or by using Windows program removal tools.

More information here.

Download the McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe) from here and uninstall it. If you still have problems then see some similar topics given here: Mcafee BSOD due to MFEHIDK.SYS
    Server Keeps rebooting with The computer has rebooted from a bugch

I assume that this issue was previously related to deamon tools but on vista it came back. With the release of Windows 7 this problem is still faced and on vista it can be fixed by updating the file via mcafeehelp but for windows 7 I dont know whether it will work or not, but you can give it a try.

McAfee has still not resolved this problem.

The original McAfee that came with my Windows 7 Toshiba laptop installed OK, but when it expired, I wanted to install the McAfee supplied by my broadband supplier, which I am still using on my desktop machine.

My broadband supplier talked me through the mcAfee removal tool and subsequent installation for my laptop and I got several blue screens. In my frustration, I have now changed my broadband supplier before realising that it was an innocent party.

Then I bought a three-user McAfee Total Protection 2010 package, but when I tried to install that, I also got a blue screen.

I chatted online with McAfee tech support and the guy there said: "I understand, you had spent a lot of your precious time and energy over this issue and I apologize for the inconvenience caused. This is a known issue with McAfee product."

I replied that I never had this before trying to install McAfee and that this was a brand new machine, to which he replied that McAfee is facing some issue with the 64-bit version of the Windows 7 Operating system currently.

When I pointed out that in the meantime I have no protection, he replied: "Our engineers are working on this issue to resolve this and this issue will be resolved as soon as possible. So I would suggest you to wait for few more days to resolve from this issue. I understand your frustration and realize that you have spent a lot of time and effort because of this. In this case I would kindly request you to wait till the issue is resolved. We will inform you when the issue is resolved."

I replied that I didn't have a problem before dealing with McAfee and that I wanted a refund because I needed protection now, not a some unspecified future date.

He said: "I really apologize for the inconvenience caused. I have checked to provide the refund but the refund time limit is exceeded. So we can extend your McAfee subscription for the elapsed time."

I explained that I would then demand a refund from the credit card company. They are obliged to refund a disputed transaction and recover the funds from McAfee. I said: "I attempted to install the product immediately so your point about a refund time limit is invalid."

He maintained that there is no option to provide the refund so I repeated that if McAfee will not refund me, I will dispute the amount with the credit card company, who is obliged to refund me.

Eventually he suggested I contact the DigitalRiver to get the refund for the McAfee product. I still had to fight before I was eventually given a case ID, which I have now given to DigitalRiver, but I am still awaiting acknowledgement.

I have used McAfee for years but never again. I'm going to try my luck with Kaspersky now.
    Last edited by sedacca; 20-04-2010 at 12:52 PM.