Thread: System infected with Trojan.Initbar virus

System infected with Trojan.Initbar virus

Hi,
    I had re-installed Windows XP back in my laptop just two days ago. But mistake I connected a SD card to the system to copy some images from it. The card was infected with the virus. I am currently using a freeware version of virus called AVG. A warning message comes up denoting that my system is infected with Trojan.Initbar virus. Now I do not want to do everything back again. Need some information to remove the virus or any file generated by it. Thanks in advance.

Re: System infected with Trojan.Initbar virus

Just download Norton antivirus for it. Update it and run a full system scan. The damage caused by this type of virus is low. The virus gives you hard time when it multiplies itself to large numbers. The file in which the virus lies is init32.exe. You can search for this file and delete the same. Some files also associated to the same is userinit.exe and dllcache\userinit.exe. This both lies under the system folder of Windows. Also delete this type of files also. They are mousehook.dll, ntdll64.dll and win32hlp.cnf.

Always keep your firewall on. This blocks any unwanted incoming connections. The virus has entered in your system. So the best way will be run a repair process of windows. The virus replaces some Windows system files and cause damaged to the system. A repair process will replace those damaged files. Insert Windows disc and restart your system. Choose the hard drive and select the last option of leave the current file system intact.

You solve this issue by running Windows Recovery console. By this you will neither need to re-install everything back again. Just insert windows disc. Press R to run the recovery console. In the welcome windows you can select the type of setup and provide password to launch the process. After that type cd I386. Again then type copy USERINIT.EX_ C:\windows\system32\userinit.exe and cpy USERINIT.EX_ C:\windows\system32\dllcache\userinit.exe. Exit the system and restart your computer.