Thread: Antivirus cannot clean Cutwail.H virus

Antivirus cannot clean Cutwail.H virus

Hi,
    On scanning my computer I found a nasty file name Cutwail.H in the log result. The status for the same was mentioned cleaned failed. I thought that it was quarantined. But again on the next my antivirus pop up warning for the files running in the background. I scanned back but no result. My antivirus is not able to clean the virus. It also does not move the same to Quarnatine. I think my antivirus does not have the ability to clean up this virus. Need some removal instruction on the same. Thanks.

Re: Antivirus cannot clean Cutwail.H virus

The virus is a trojan. You system is affected with a critical virus threat. To remove the virus you will need install Bitdefender in your system. It is the best choice for the same. Second thing the virus creates a files in the system folder for Windows directory. The path can be assumes as C:\Windows\system\dllcache\agp440.sys. If you found this type of file then delete it at once and run a full system scan.

The virus belongs to trojan family. The virus is a self replicating application which is designed to auto launch and generate its own copy. The most common way it enter your system is internet, mail attachments, malicious software, etc. Disconnect your system from internet or any network first. Then click on Start > Run > Regedit. In the registry editor go to this path - [HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Notify\Winctrl32. Delete the last value. Also remove DllName=WinCtrl32.dll & StartShell=WLEventStartShell

The virus creates multiples files in your system. All this files usually lies in the system folder of windows directory. Go to the system folder of your Windows software and search for WinNt32.dll, WinNt32.hui, WinNt32.dl_ and WinNt32.hui_ files. Delete them. If you not able to do so then boot in safe mode and then delete the files.