Thread: Ad Manager issue on my Windows XP

Ad Manager issue on my Windows XP

Hi,
    I had downloaded a free ware tool called Ad Manager. I just want some recent updates on my desktop. After no use I removed it from my system. But when I connect to internet and open Internet Explorer a blank windows appear up and some ads are displayed on it. This happens in regular interval usually if I open some new site or surf the net. This is now becoming really annoying. How to stop this out.

Re: Ad Manager issue on my Windows XP

You can stop the same by turning on Pop up blocker in your system. This is the easy way of blocking those unwanted ads on your desktop. Run your browser and click on Tools. Then click on Pop up blocker and choose Turn On. In the same way you can turn it off if not needed. But this is the recommended settings. Restart your browser and check back. Also clear up your browsing history, cookies, offline webpages, etc at regular intervals.

It is definitely a adware program. This are termed as malicious software which redirect tons of pop ups on your system and eat up your internet bandwidth. The best way to stop this is install a powerful internet security suite. You can go with any like Norton, Kapersky, etc. If you put Malwarebyte then that will be much better.

There are some best way to avoid such pop ups. First to keep your pop up blocker on. This ads are sometime infected with critical virus. So it is recommended that you must not turn of security settings. Second by keeping the Phishing Filter on you can also block this unwanted incoming. The option is available in Tools > Phishing Filter. Click on Automatic Website Checking and restart your browser. Also launch task manager and kill the process of relevant file.