Thread: How to install PIXMA iX7000 driver software over a network

How to install PIXMA iX7000 driver software over a network

Hey guys, i need some urgent help from you all guys. I am having three Xp computers at home. I bought PIXMA iX7000 printer yesterday and need to install its driver software over a network. I need to do it as soon as possible. Could you guys please make me know how can i do the same? Thanks for all your kindness.

Re: How to install PIXMA iX7000 driver software over a network

Here is how to install PIXMA iX7000 driver software over a network:-

• First of all turn off the Printer.
    • Turn on the computer, then insert the Setup CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
    • The setup program will start automatically.If the program does not start automatically, double-click the CD-ROM icon in Computer or My Computer. When the CD-ROM contents appear, double-click MSETUP4.EXE.
    • If the User Account Control dialog box reappears in following steps, click Continue.
    • Click Easy Install. If you want to select particular items to install, click Custom Install.
    • Click Install.
    • Select Use the printer on network, then click Next.
    • Read the License Agreement screen carefully and click Yes.
    • Follow any on-screen instructions to proceed with the software installation.
    • When the Please Allow All Install Wizard Processes screen appears, click Next.
    • On the Setup Method screen, select Connect printer to the network for the first time, then click Next.
    • Prepare Cables
    • When the Printer Connection screen appears, connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable. A USB cable is used to send the network settings to the printer.
    • Turn on the printer.
    • When the Setup Preparations dialog box appears, make sure that preparation is complete, then click Next.
    • Now remove the Cap of the printer, connect a network device with a LAN cable, then click Yes.
    • When the Setup Completion dialog box appears, remove the USB cable, then click Finish.
    • Click Exit to complete the installation.
    • Thats it !!

Thanks for sharing this useful topic and info, mates. I am also in need of similar help. I am a Mac os x user and want to install PIXMA iX7000 drivers on the network. Well i got some idea from the above mentioned steps for windows but i don't want to make any mistakes. So, could you guys also let me know how to do the same on MAC OS X ?

To install PIXMA iX7000 driver software over a network on MAC OS X just go through these steps:-

1. Connect the printer to the computer with a USB cable.Make sure the printer is turned on.
    2. Turn on the computer, then insert the Setup CD-ROM into the CD-ROM drive.
    3. Double-click the Setup icon of the CD-ROM folder to proceed to the following screen. Enter your administrator name and password, then click OK.
    4. Click Easy Install.
    5. Click Install.
    6. Read the License Agreement screen carefully and click Yes.
    7. When the Start Setup screen appears, click Execute.
    8. Click Restart.
    9. Click Exit to complete the installation.
    10. On the Canon IJ Network Tool screen, select LAN connection, then click OK.
    11. Select Setup in the pop-up menu, select iX7000 series in Printers, then click OK.
    12. When the following screen appears, remove the Cap of the printer, connect a network device with a LAN cable, then click Yes.
    13. When the Setup Completion screen appears, remove the USB cable, then click OK.The Printer Setup Utility will start up.