I have a problem with one of my home computers running XP home edition. The computer cannot connect to the internet with Mozzilla Firefox, and limited connection using Internet Explorer.
I can connect to many sites including Google and Yahoo with IE, but can not log in to either site for email. It appear I can only access sites with IE that do not need a password or they are https secure sites. I have followed many of the previous postings to try to resolve the problem, but it is still the same. I tried to restore to a previous day, but it is still the same.
This is what I have done so far
1. Scanned with Malware Bytes
2. Scanned with PC Tools Registry Mechanic
3. Used the following cmd’s:
. netsh int ip reset reset.log
. netsh winsock reset catalog
4. Disabeled firewall.
5. Tried Pinging computer IP address:
. received error 5. Same error when Pinging Gateway and DNS server
6. Tried the Microsoft Winsock2 Fix # 50203
7. Tried the Microsoft Internet Protocol TCP/IP Fix # 50199