Thread: AVG detects trojan in every scan

AVG detects trojan in every scan

Hi,
    Recently my system was affected with Trojan virus. The virus entered my system when I downloaded a free screensaver. Now whenever I run a full system scan AVG shows up a list of trojan viruses. I used to do that on weekends. But now I am running a scan everyday and each day virus list is generated. That means either AVG is not cleaning up the system properly or my system gets filled up with virus every day. How to fix this problem. Thanks.

Re: AVG detects trojan in every scan

If you system is connected with internet 24 hrs then this might be possible. The old trojan virus in your computer is downloading more without your consent. See your net activity. If your net packets are high then it means trojan virus is eating up your bandwidth and putting more threats in your system. Restart your computer in safe mode and run a full system scan for the same.

It happens when the virus corrupts the virus definition file. That means the virus database of your antivirus is corrupted. So due to which the virus is detecting but not able to clean the same. Get a better and strong antivirus. You are staying online so you need a Internet Security virus. Get a better one and install in your system. Run a regular scan.

Virus normally corrupts the antivirus application. Normally if a virus which is not cleaned or deleted by the antivirus the the application places the files in the quarantine or virus vault. In this folder the virus is blocked and it cannot spread in your computer. Re-install your antivirus back again and run a full system update. Then run the scan. AVG will definitely clean up some files.