Thread: Computer infected with rootkit

Computer infected with rootkit

hello friends,

I am having Windows XP Sp 3 as my operating system and everything seems to be workign fine, but today when i try to turn ON my computer i am getting any error message as Error loading kemepiga.dll. The specified module could not be found, when i try to find out the cause and asked my friend about it, i came to know that my computer is begin infected with root kit.

If you really want to remove root kit from your computer then first you have to remove all viruses, spyware, Trojans, malware from your computer and then try to repair your Operating System and at the same time also remove all temporary files from temp folder after which your computer is free from Root kit virus.

Normally KEMEPIGA.DLL is a virus which is seen to perform activity like registering as a Dynamic Link Library File and executing as a process. At the same time it also deletes c:\windows\system32\gijotoda.dll and c:\windows\system32\mrt.exe from your computer, in such kind of case try to install latest version of antivirus on your computer and try to remove KEMEPIGA.DLL from safe mode.

If you are planning to reinstall your operating system and you don't want anything to be lost best you back them all up first. Then i would suggest you to download and install FlashDisinfector during installation process it will prompt you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives including your mobile phone. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well. Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program. Reboot your computer when done.