Go Back   TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 21-10-2009

Antivir Personal Edition slows down Windows XP loading

Hello, I have not really found any information about Antivir Personal Edition and its bugs. But still I found that opening Antivirus slows down my PC (at least 4-5 minutes before the "welcome"). However after uninstalling it and then restarting Windows loads as normal. I specify that the system has been installed on a disk "formatted slow" and that Antivir is the first application I installed. Have I misconfigured Antivir since the computer slows down, but the heuristic is set by default to "medium"?

My config:

CPU: AMD Athlon 1500+ 1.35 GHz
RAM: 768 MB
Old 21-10-2009

Re: Antivir Personal Edition slows down Windows XP loading

On an Athlon 1500 + it really surprise me, have you tested Avast to compare?

Currently the machines below a certain structure processor floundering with a package of applications or even Internet page is so that I changed my Athlon 2400 + who rowed alone with things that scroll on a webpage.
Old 21-10-2009

I have this worry that in a very short time, probably the latest version of Antivir are more resource-intensive and my 1500+ no longer follows.

Well I would try Avast again, but this anti-virus does not appear to be unanimous.
Old 21-10-2009

It seems to me, but I use it because of the presence rather than anything else, I hardly ever get a virus when I make the con with some programs.

Avast is just a little heavy when it updates, but do not worry. On the contrary, I think that AntiVir does not scan emails and finally I think that's where the majority come risks.
Old 23-10-2009

When comparing security between antivir and avast theres really not much of a dif. So if installing avast fixes your problem, personally id say just switch over to it.

TechArena Community > Technology > Networking & Security
Tags: , ,