Thread: Need some information on System32 Virus

Need some information on System32 Virus

Hi,
    Recently due to virus issue I found some list of file to be deleted manually. One of which was located in Windows directory under System32 folder. As everyone is familiar that is a Windows directory. So when I double clicked on it to open nothing happens. After that in task manager I found the same file running. I clicked on Details to see the folder information. It was listed as application instead of file folder. How to fix this back. Thanks.

Re: Need some information on System32 Virus

You system is now affected with a critical virus. This is a trojan virus which turns your folder to application. When you clicked on them the virus runs back in your computer. Do not double click on such folder. Install Norton Antivirus and run a full system virus scan. Norton will remove the virus along with healing the folder back to normal.

It is not good result. In this way the virus can destroy all of your folder. It is better that if you can take backup of your important data. You can do this by typing the entire location of the folder in the address bar of My Computer. That means if you want files from system 32 folder then type C:\WINDOWS\system32 in the address bar and hit enter. The folder will open up and you can get the file from it.

The virus doing this alteration belongs to trojan family. The virus unexpectedly changes the files format without the users consent. It changes the file format of a file folder to an executable file. This executable files is linked with the virus which generates more similar files. So first download a good antivirus and run a full system scan. If things does not work then re-install Windows.