Thread: Cannot remove Mebroot.k Trojan

Cannot remove Mebroot.k Trojan

Hello friends,

I am having NOD32 as my antivirus and everything seems was working fine but today when i started my Dell laptop i got an error message as my system is being infected by Mebroot.k, so i try to run NOD but it could not clean this virus nor would it quarantine it. Does anyone know how I can dig this out of my system32 folder. I don't know the file that is causing it but it is making me crazy.

Remove Mebroot.k Trojan

If your system is infected with Mebroot.k Trojan then i would suggest you to replace MBR on a hard disk drive at the Recovery Console. Then Replace "HardDisk0" with the device name for the external USB hard disk drive or else you can also restore your system to previous day and at the same time try to install latest version of AVG antivirus i am sure this would help you a lot.

Cannot remove Mebroot.k Trojan

If you system is being infected by Mebroot.k then you need to replace your MBR for that you need to restart your computer and insert Windows XP setup in the CD-ROM drive. Then it will prompt you to press a key to start the computer from CD-ROM. After few minutes you will prompt to press the R key to start the Recovery Console. After that Recovery Console starts, it will prompt you to enter a number corresponding to the Windows XP installation that you need to repair. In most cases, you'll enter "1" (which will be the only choice). If you press ENTER without typing a number, Recovery Console will quit and restart your computer. Now enter your Administrator password. If you don't enter the correct password, you cannot continue and finally type fixmbr and then verify that you want to proceed.