Thread: Installed Alpha Online Scanner accidently

Installed Alpha Online Scanner accidently

Hi,
    My friend has accidentally installed Alpha online scanner in my Laptop. I already had a antivirus in my system and I does not need this one. Whenever I connect to net a message pop ups denoting that my system is affected with virus. This comes up continuously and affects my system performance. How can I get rid of it.

Re: Installed Alpha Online Scanner accidently

It is a fake antivirus. You must not installed the same in your computer. Click on My Computer > Program files. In the window search for the similar folder. If you found the same then delete it. After that boot your compute in safe mode and select last good known configuration. You can doe that by pressing F8 continuously on booting up.

First press Ctrl + Alt + Del. Then in Task Manager go to process tab. Look for Alpha Antivirus program. Select it and press End Process. After that delete all the relevant file from your desktop and C drive. You will have to run a registry repair tool to clear up the modification done by the virus.

Try this out. Open My Computer and click on C drive. Then go to Program files and open Common files folder. Under that you can see Uninstall folder, open it and double click on AlphaAV. You will see a uninstall icon run the un-installation process and restart your computer. Also clean up your temp folder and other files.