Thread: System affected with TR/BHO.qtk

System affected with TR/BHO.qtk

Hi,
    I had ClaimWin antivirus. Recently it has detected a trojan virus and quarantined the same. But in Hijackthis log file I found the same files running in the background. I think the file is not properly blocked by the antivirus tool. Then after some day my system crashed. How can I remove this virus completely.

Re: System affected with TR/BHO.qtk

It is a trojan virus. You will need to run a antivirus update. I think you have not updated your virus database or many be using a old antivirus. The virus files is not properly discovered by antivirus program when current update is not available. So first run the virus update and then a full system scan under safe mode.

I am using AVIRA. The same virus in your system was first detected by it. At that time I had not updated the virus definition which led to critical system failure. After full update AVIRA detected the same and removed it. I will recommend you to download and install AVIRA for your system. It is best for trojan threats.

The virus aims at corrupting Windows registry file which led to crash of entire system. You should always keep your firewall on so that it does not allow incoming from network or internet. Run any free registry repairer tool which will fix the issue. Look for suspicious files and delete them. If still your system crashes then boot in safe mode and take your data backup. After that run a windows repair process by the bootable disc.