Thread: How to remove Security Tool from Windows XP

How to remove Security Tool from Windows XP

Hi,
    While surfing a message popped out denoting that my system is affected with Virus. Is showed up My Computer screen and detected some list of viruses. The name of tool is Security tool. When I clicked on remove button a file downloaded in my system automatically. Now due to this my system is working extremely slow. I had tried to see the uninstall file for the tool but found nothing. How can I remove it completely from the system.

Re: How to remove Security Tool from Windows XP

It is a rogue antivirus. The application gives you false alert of virus and force the user to install a application. It is a malicious software which infects your computer. It is basically a malware program. Never accept removal of virus offered by any online scanning solutions. Click on Start > Programs > Accessories > System Tools > System Restore. In the windows choose a old point and restore your computer. You can also download a third party tool which will remove the application from your system.

Download and install Spyware Doctor. It is a spyware cleaner application which will automatically remove the application from your system. First delete all cookies and temp files from your computer. Then press Ctrl + Alt + Del and in the task bar end the process denoting similar name. You can also manually delete the file from program files.

The file installed in your system run automatically on login. Open My Computer and search for files procexp.exe. If found then delete it. Download and install process explorer. This will help you to disable your the application running in the background. In process explorer the files name is listed as 01880320.exe. Kill the process and run Malware byte.