Thread: Best way to take Emergency Backup

Best way to take Emergency Backup

Hi,
    I have faced virus issue several times in my Laptop. I need some information on backup data. First what is the way to take a emergency backup of a data while a system is unstable. I am familiar about the DVD writing solution. But in many cases the hardware is not present and I loose my data. I used a external DVD RW tool which works too slow. If my computer stops working and it does not boot up then how to take the backup. Thanks in advance.

Re: Best way to take Emergency Backup

Normally the best way is to Copy the data and Paste it some where. I usually use a removable flash drive to take the backup of my data in case of system failure. Do this take a 4 to 8 GB of PEN drive. You data mostly lies in My Documents folder in My Computer. If you using Windows XP or older version then do this. Connect the PEN drive and open My Computer. Then open My Document. Press Ctrl + A and select all folder. Then click on Edit > Copy to Folder. In the Window choose the flash drive. Give OK.

It is simple to take backup of any folder. I have a Vista Desktop system. Just open My Computer and click on your important folder wherever they are. You can press Ctrl key while clicking which will offers you multiple selection. Then right click and click on Send To. Choose a option of external drive. That can be a USB or external hard drive. Within some times the data will be secure. If you do this frequently then Windows Vista replaces the old file and put the new one on its place.

If you are using a Desktop computer then you can simply connect the hard drive of the computer to another working system. In this way you can recover all the data from it. But if you have a laptop and you does not know to open it then here is a simple solution for you. For this you can use UBCD4WIN to boot up your computer and take the backup in a external drive. You can take backup of the entire disk in any media by it. UBCD boots system in DOS mode and allows you to access files.