Thread: Virus blocking the installation of antivirus

Virus blocking the installation of antivirus

Hello , my pc has undergone uh , one will say under a great attack , it is suddenly getting restarted and it has removed my avast antivirus , not only this , now it is preventing me from installing another antivirus , this virus is really annoying , can you tell me , how can i remove this virus ,please help thank you for helping me

Re: Virus blocking the installation of antivirus

it sounds like conficker , Downadup (or Conficker) is a network worm that takes advantage of vulnerabilities in Windows to spread. Its removal is complicated by the fact that it blocks many known antivirus software and associated websites.

BitDefender Labs has detected a new and more aggressive Downadup version. It spreads using a Windows RPC Server Service vulnerability and is called Win32.Worm.Downadup.Gen.

The new version is more resilient to disinfection. Once the system is compromised, the worm disables Windows Update and blocks access to most of the anti-virus websites in order to hinder the user to disinfect his machine.

BitDefender is the first to offer a free tool which disinfects all versions of Downadup. This domain is the first to serve a removal tool without being blocked by the e-threat.

download from here http://www.bdtools.net/download/dcleaner.zip

Dr.Web CureIt! examines your computer to detect possible infections by viruses or spyware. The software requires no installation, so it can be easily transported on a USB key. The application is able to identify more than twenty forms of contamination, whether infected sent e-mail, Trojan horses, viruses related to Office, robots or spy extortion passwords eg.