Thread: Cannot find C:\windows\system32\cleanvirus.vbs

Cannot find C:\windows\system32\cleanvirus.vbs

I am facing some issue with my Dell laptop everything seems to be working fine till yesterday, but today when i try to start my laptop for checking out some important email i got an message as Cannot find c:\windows\System32\cleanvirus.vbs", is it a virus or something else. Can anyone help me out and tell me how to remove C:\windows\System32\cleanvirus.vbs message during my system start up.

If you really want overcome from this message then you need to start your computer in safe mode then open registry window and find for cleanvirus.vbs specailly check out key,values,data field this will contain cleanvirus.vbs, delete all those entries and at the same time also find for UserInit over here try to modify C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe and finally reboot your computer for changes to get effected.

I was also getting such kind of issue, when i asked on of my friend about it he told me to that some of the file of my antivirus file might have got corrupted because of which i am getting such kind of message, in order to over come from this message he told me to reinstall my anti virus software and install it again, i try to do it and then i was not getting any message as Cannot find C:\windows\system32\cleanvirus.vbs, hope this should work for you too.

C:\windows\system32\cleanvirus.vbs not found

I don't think so reinstalling your antivirus software would help you out, i have tried out many solution but none of them worked out for me and at last i had formatted my computer and after that install a fresh copy of anti virus software on your computer and also install some software which protects your USB drive too because usually you get such kind of virus from pendrive.